About Me

My photo
Born in Santa Monica, California, I was raised in the small bedroom community of Sunkist Park that borders Culver City, Playa del Rey, Mar Vista and Venice. I attended Venice High School, West LA Community College and California Institute of the Arts. My studies included English, English Literature, Poetry, Creative Writing, Choir, Classical Voice, Shakespeare, Musical Theater, Television and Film Acting and Art History. In 1980, I relocated to the Pacific Northwest and in 1982 I married Kurt Wolf in Corvallis, Oregon. During the course of our long journey together, I have remained devoted to not only my husband, but to my friends and family, and the arts. What defines me most is my passion for expression through art. I’m an avid reader, writer and poet.I also enjoy painting and photography. Additionally, some folks consider me a pretty good cook.




























Email Susie Rosso Wolf

If you have any questions about "New Prairie Woman", "Saving Susie", my "Phoetry", Montana, or writing in general, please email me directly at: GrumpySusie@msn.com — Looking forward to hearing from you. I hope you enjoy "New Prairie Woman". ~ Susie

Monday, February 7, 2011

00.02.P2 Poetry + Photography = PHOETRY by Susie Rosso Wolf



Montana Nights




Susie Rosso Wolf




Orange and yellow over blue and white

crowding thoughts in Montana’s night

Watching gulls from river’s bend

fly from Three Forks to Townsend


Gutsy geese from Canada’s shore

wait until fall to fly once more

Dusk is quietly drifting by

as the owl swifts through its sky


Counting on the prey beneath

the Russian Olive and Willow’s sheath

While the moon rises brightly

this new prairie woman

is in awe nightly




1 comment:

Thank you for your Following my Blog. Your comments are most appreciated.

~ Susie Rosso Wolf








































ADD a COMMENT to Facebook

Index





















Click LIKE Button to Send to Facebook

New Prairie Woman Web Page