About Me

My photo
Born in Santa Monica, California, I was raised in the small bedroom community of Sunkist Park that borders Culver City, Playa del Rey, Mar Vista and Venice. I attended Venice High School, West LA Community College and California Institute of the Arts. My studies included English, English Literature, Poetry, Creative Writing, Choir, Classical Voice, Shakespeare, Musical Theater, Television and Film Acting and Art History. In 1980, I relocated to the Pacific Northwest and in 1982 I married Kurt Wolf in Corvallis, Oregon. During the course of our long journey together, I have remained devoted to not only my husband, but to my friends and family, and the arts. What defines me most is my passion for expression through art. I’m an avid reader, writer and poet.I also enjoy painting and photography. Additionally, some folks consider me a pretty good cook.




























Email Susie Rosso Wolf

If you have any questions about "New Prairie Woman", "Saving Susie", my "Phoetry", Montana, or writing in general, please email me directly at: GrumpySusie@msn.com — Looking forward to hearing from you. I hope you enjoy "New Prairie Woman". ~ Susie

Monday, June 13, 2011

04.S02 Chapter Four, Snippet Two

New Prairie Woman
Susie Rosso Wolf
Chapter Four, con't


There was a silence between us now, a pause in the conversation as we made our way up to Napa. Once I cleared my head a little, had a few moments to live with the news of her pending shoulder replacement, I stopped again and looked at her as a cloud began to cast a shadow across some bougainvillea vining over a back yard fence.
“God, Jo, I’m so sorry.”
“I know you are.”
“How can I help you with this?”
“I don’t think you can, just be my friend I guess.”
“I will always be your friend, Jo, always. When will you have the surgery?”
“I’m not sure yet I have to have some medical tests first then they’ll call me with a date.”
“How is Ralph taking the news?”
“He’s not surprised, but he has his own issues too,” she said as we continued to walk up Raymer to Encino.
“What issues?”
“He has to have a knee replacement.”
“What? Remind me not to drink the water over there in that house! You guys are falling apart at the seams!”
“Now that we have my soap opera out of the way, what’s new with you?”
“I’m not sure I should tell you!”
“It can’t be that bad, how bad could it be?”
“Well, last weekend while you and Ralph were out gallivanting around with your RV club, Brenda picked up the girls and drove them over for a visit from Victorville.”
“Oh how nice, that must have been great.”
“It was Jo; they were so cute and sweet and extremely excited when they looked in the fridge and saw a huge bowl of fresh ripe strawberries! You should have heard their squeals of happiness and laughter!”
“So get to the punch line would ya? I can’t wait for you to give me a blow by blow, what happened?”
“Okay Jo, well, the girls announced to me that their “Daddy” is flying to the Ontario Airport next Friday night to meet Brenda who will have the girls with her so she can hand them off to Robert who will get back on another plane with Snowflake and Cricket so they can all fly to Montana for a visit during Spring break.”
“That’s sounds great, what’s wrong with that?”
“The problem is, when Snowflake and Cricket were telling us the story, they began to beg Kurt and I to drive to Ontaro to visit with them in the airport while they wait for “Daddy” so that Kurt and I can reunite with Robert.”
“Oh, now I see the problem, you should have said that in the first place!”
“Yeah, well it’s complicated and I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to hurt them or to disappoint them in any way but we can’t just show up and be there when he arrives from Montana.”
“Why can’t you?”
“What? There’s no way that’s going to happen.”
“Susie, answer the question, why can’t you do it?”
“Um, because he hates me and stuffed me into a trash can like garbage. Does that ring a bell?”

3 comments:

  1. The story continues and I like the new blog-makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification. I did some research and just wrote a blog about it but will post it tomorrow. I will make reference to your blog, if you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Following my Blog. Your comments are most appreciated.

~ Susie Rosso Wolf








































ADD a COMMENT to Facebook

Index





















Click LIKE Button to Send to Facebook

New Prairie Woman Web Page