About Me

My photo
Born in Santa Monica, California, I was raised in the small bedroom community of Sunkist Park that borders Culver City, Playa del Rey, Mar Vista and Venice. I attended Venice High School, West LA Community College and California Institute of the Arts. My studies included English, English Literature, Poetry, Creative Writing, Choir, Classical Voice, Shakespeare, Musical Theater, Television and Film Acting and Art History. In 1980, I relocated to the Pacific Northwest and in 1982 I married Kurt Wolf in Corvallis, Oregon. During the course of our long journey together, I have remained devoted to not only my husband, but to my friends and family, and the arts. What defines me most is my passion for expression through art. I’m an avid reader, writer and poet.I also enjoy painting and photography. Additionally, some folks consider me a pretty good cook.




























Email Susie Rosso Wolf

If you have any questions about "New Prairie Woman", "Saving Susie", my "Phoetry", Montana, or writing in general, please email me directly at: GrumpySusie@msn.com — Looking forward to hearing from you. I hope you enjoy "New Prairie Woman". ~ Susie

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

03.S05 Chapter Three, Snippet Five


     Watching a small child look up from her dinner plate, covered in tomato sauce and grinning from ear to ear could only be topped by hearing her say, “Aunt Susie, you make the best biss-ghetteeee and meatbulls I have ever eaten.” My heart swelled with joy while Brenda and the girls ate a good meal before they headed back to the high desert, my face draped with an ear-to-ear grin. Their mother, The Beautiful Girl, that Robert had married some years earlier, was gracious and kind to allow this special visit and I was incredibly grateful for her generosity in sharing them with us for an entire weekend. Thankfully, the weather had held in the valley which allowed us to swim and play in the pool, work in the garden and take a walk over to Jo’s house so she could meet my little darling angels. Naturally, Jo was taken by them right away, and her heart too, swelled with joy from simply listening to them carry on and ask their curious questions and watch them listen intently to the answers. Jo fell in love with Snowflake and Cricket and spent several hours visiting with us as she gave the girls a tour of her own exquisite formal rose garden and citrus tree groves, exotic plant beds, immaculate vegetable garden and flower beds. Jo gathered flowers for the girls and gave them both a fresh orange to eat. But time was fleeting, as reality was pushing me back down to earth.
     We stood in the middle of Napa Street watching hands and arms flailing out of the windows as the dark blue car drove up to Encino, and then turned left out of our view. Both Jo and Kurt held my hands as the tears poured down my face in joy and sorrow. How could anyone feel both emotions so deeply, in harmony, with such agony, yet such bliss? A true dichotomy that depicted the human spirit in all its glory marched and stomped all over my heart, leaving me spent, but yearning for more

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie, my friend! I'm going to send you some info. on women publishers. Be watching for it via email, in the next couple of days,
    I just about have my poetry ready for the publishers. I'm looking into a couple of them, Poetry is different than both fiction and nofiction. I also have a children's book being illustrated.
    I'm glad we are friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Following my Blog. Your comments are most appreciated.

~ Susie Rosso Wolf








































ADD a COMMENT to Facebook

Index





















Click LIKE Button to Send to Facebook

New Prairie Woman Web Page